- The Ridgeway, a continuous 40 miles off-road ride from Avebury to Streatley, along one of the country’s most ancient highways, with numerous interconnecting bridleways and distant views over the chalk downland
- The Chilterns – Bluebells and beech woods, with (mostly short) steep climbs and dry valleys
- The Thames valley, running from Oxford gently down to Reading
- The Berkshire Downs, sloping down southwards from the Ridgeway to the Pang and Kennet valleys
- The Vale of White Horse, lying north of the Ridgeway and south of the Cotswolds
Goring Gap Cycling has details for some of the best local rides, starting from Goring and Streatley station. Go to the Routes or Map page to find them and download free maps and GPX route files. Use the Map page to find local cafes, bike shops and railway stations.
See the Away pages for multi-day trips, including C2C (as in Sea to Sea) routes across France and Wales, for those who want to go further.